Friday, January 7, 2011

A Few Poems

I wrote some poems recently inspired/about someone special to me.

Disclaimer: Names were withheld to protect the innocent ;)


Perfect Imperfection

Veiled by an opaque mist,
Hidden from mortal sight.
Does a perfect woman exist,
With conviction and forthright.


Perfection we seek;
Do we settle for less?
In the mist you hold your mystique
Perform any deed to possess.

A certain look, a certain shape
Any other are deplored.
Beauty we cannot help but gape.
In your arms I am restored

Evoking the heart to flutter
Feeling thine self is whole.
Causing speech to stutter
Even without your kohl.

Pulchritude so bright,
Adoration I must profess.
Devotion I swore;
Of you I am compelled to extol.

Proof of perfection additionally,
A virtue stands aloft,
Unintended hurtful things I said oft
But you love me unconditionally



Wish

To feel your caress
I want nothing less.
To feel your love
Nothing above.

To hear your heart
Beating next to mine.
Never to be apart,
To see your beauty shine.

To always be together,
To hear your melodic laugh,
Your touch as soft as a feather.
Without you I am but half.

Always to have fun,
Always in your thoughts,
Equal to none.
You, I have long sought.

If ever to hear you love me,
If ever to hear you care,
In your arms I am free.
My answered prayer.

To be my one and only,
To feel your kiss,
To never be lonely,
That is my wish.



 Our First Kiss

Your body is the cradle of my berth
Safe from the unforgiving waters
Your warmth like the crackling of a fire
Enchanting, mesmerizing, comforting.

Your body is the tree of my life
Swaying rhythmically to the wind
Yet roots deep to hold your ground
Color of thy leaves to match thy blush

Like the soft wind before the summer's rain
The heat of a winter's fire within
Merging of two raging rivers
I shall never forget out first kiss



Crown of Leaves

Breathless and silent
Only staring into one another's eyes
Hard to describe in words
Just feelings, emotions, thoughts
Thoughts of prescience
Old and happy
Like history repeating itself
This same scene plays out
Together in each other's arms
Two words cross my lips
In a moment of surreality
I see past, present, and future merge
Together for all time
When I whisper “Ti amo”

No comments:

Post a Comment