Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finished Project

Feels good to finish a project, but where one project finishes, another starts. I had originally planned to write a sourcebook for Palladium Books' Heroes Unlimited line. As all plans of mice and men, it did not work out. Not that is was particularly hard (in fact most of the work was just in the stat blocks and rolling up NPCs), I just ran out of ideas to fill an entire book. I did manage to get almost 25 pages written. All I need to do now is submit "Cruiser City" for publishing, and hopefully it gets accepted. Much like another sourcebook I tried to do a long time ago, but gave up on was Old Kingdom.

I had forgotten how much cool ideas I had for the book(s). My original plan was to write 2 sourcebooks for Palladium's Fantasy line, one on Elves and the surface of Old Kingdom, and another on the underground and Dwarves. It has been a long time since I have looked at the material, so I think I will need to create an outline of all that will go into each book.

Also the first time around, I printed out a map of the Old Kingdom area and drew on it in pencil. I needed a digital format so I had to recreate the whole thing. Using a combination of MsPaint and Visio, I created the map about perfectly, and I made a legend key to go along with it. While I cannot show the map, I can show the legend I made.






I need to go over the material I have written and see how many pages it is so far, then figure out what else I can add to it. But that is what I have been up to all these weeks. For the record, these sourcebooks will need to be around 96-100 pages long each. If my "Blood Night" article gets published in the Rifter, I will have to put Old Kingdom on hold and work on another Blood Night article I had started.

No comments:

Post a Comment