Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A New Poem

I finally got the inspiration to write another poem. This one is more towards a children's poem, but I thought it was sweet. I debated writing it as a story, but thought it would fit better as a poem. It is still kind of written as a story, which is another reason why I wanted to try something new in how I write poetry.


Concerning My Knee

My daughter asked me,
“Why don’t you write a poem
About your knee?”
I looked back and asked,
“Why should I write a poem
About my knee?”
She said matter of factly,
“It doesn’t have to be a wholly poem,
It can just be a verse.”
I reminded her,
“You didn’t answer my question.
Why should I write a poem
About my knee?”
She smiled and said,
“Because it would mean
Everything to Momma.”
I asked quizzically,
“Why do you say that?”
She leaned in close
As if to tell me a big secret
And whispered softly to me,
“Momma told me today,
‘Daddy means everything
To me, Dear.
He’s my You Knee Verse.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment