Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 21

Only way to find better gear is to find better loot.

Day 64
I walked east past Falkreath to find this place on my map where I could find another word in Dovah. It took some backtracking as I went too far to Helgen. Bandits have now occupied the ruins, and I slew three before leaving. I eventually found a cave with an ice wolf fighting an ice wraith. Surprisingly the ice wolf held his own. I got him with an arrow, but he ran off. As I investigated further, I found why he never came back. The cave was inhabited by a frost troll. I poisoned my blade, fired an arrow at him, then took two mighty swings and felled the creature. I thought it was going to be tougher.

Outside, I found the source of power I was looking for. A dragon was perched on it, so I sneaked closer, poisoned an arrow and shot him. He landed behind me, and breathed fire. I poisoned my axe, drank a potion I made that helped me resist fire and increased my two handed attack. I hit the dragon twice, then climbed up onto its neck, and swung my axe down into its head. Snooping around listening to crazy people talk to corpses has made me forget how deadly I can be.

I grabbed some loot out of the chest nearby along with the dragon parts, learned the word, drank a potion of strength, and made my way north to Riverwood.

Day 65
I peddled my wares to the merchants in town. Both Camilla and her brother continue to thank me for my help in retrieving the claw. Maybe they have a case of mob mentality where both think the other has the claw when in reality, none of them do.

I returned to my home to build a sconce outside my front door, and a chandelier upstairs. I think I only have one more to build. I slept for eight hours, waking up in the middle of the night. I would have a long walk to Falkreath before the next leg of my travels. I looked through all of my ingredients and made some potions, most of which I'll sell. I did learn some new properties to a couple ingredients.

Day 66
When I arrived at Falkreath, a Blood Dragon was attacking. I thought about leaving it to the guards, but the shops wouldn't be open for another three hours. With all of these houses and trees, I can't quite get a good shot off on the dragon. I chased him between houses before he took off again, and landed back the way I came in the middle of the town. The guards ended up killing it all by themselves. As far as I know, no one was killed, at least none of the towns people.

I had come here to sell the remainder of my loot, but with more dragon parts, I was not going to bother. I sold some of the bones, and my loot. No one seems to have a decent weapon I could buy to enchant. I don't think my enchanting ability is on par to create something equivalent to what I wear on my armor now. I think my only option is to check out this strange Dwemer artifact. Those ruins always seem to have high quality gear.

Day 67
I stopped by to see the Khajiit again while I was outside Markarth. I sold some dragon scales to them before I made the walk to the Dwemer ruin. Some bandits rushed me, and a Merchant his horse came out of nowhere and began attacking them. They managed to kill one all by themselves. The leader killed the horse as I tried to maneuver my way closer as to not hit the Merchant. One strike was enough to kill the bandit leader. The Merchant thanked me for saving him, though I felt bad his horse had died.

I continued on my way, encountering a cave bear who had killed a fox. It seems I'm seeing more bears lately. I also found an Orc encampment, but with nothing to sell, I continued on. Not far away, three Orc hunters were ambushed by four Forsworn. They did not stand much of a chance, and they would have killed me too if I didn't have a couple potions handy. I looted all of the bodies and continued the short walk to the Dwemer ruin. Just when you think you've wiped out most of the wolves in Skyrim, two attack you.

Now to see what's inside this ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment