Monday, September 30, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 20

Tying up loose ends.

Day 62
I thought Markarth was doing pretty well, but apparently the Forsworn are making things difficult. The jewelery merchent had hardly any gold to buy the rings off me. I sold a few more items in the general store. Then I made a stop at the blacksmith who was run by an Orc female. I was considering a little something something until I heard her talk. She talks about beating children really hard. Something tells me she's not the parenting type. I sold the rest of my loot, including all of the magical gear I found. I made a few gold rings with the jewels I had picked up on my travels. After consulting with the blacksmith, she showed me how to work with Dwemer materials. I looked at what it would take to build some Dwemer armor, and bought what I thought I would need based on what I thought I had at home.

I found Muiri walking about the city, and she paid me 800 gold for killing her ex, and gave me an enchanted ring that would help me in the potions I created. She said farewell, and I went back home to build some armor.


Day 63
Come to find out, I have a lot of steel ingots in storage, so the five I bought was unneeded. I grabbed a couple Dwemer ingots out of the chest, and some leather strips and went to work building some new armor. I even had a Dwemer ingot left over to turn into scrap to help enhance the armor. I made some ruby dust to enhance the enchanted Dwemer bow and soul drinking axe. These weapons as so far more superior than my greatsword, I think I'll sell it. I hate to waste soul drinking charges on people I can't absorb their souls from, but not much I can do about it unless I find a different kind of weapon. I'm not sure if my enchanting abilities are good enough to create a weapon that is powerful enough. Looking at my armor, it's comprised of Dwemer, Steel Plate, and Banded Iron. I may have to try to build some better enchanted armor if I can make something as good as these enchantments.

I placed all of the stuff that needed to be sold into my safe, and left for the Dark Brotherhood to look for more work.

Astrid, I think her name is, was pleased with my work. The next thing she wanted me to do was to snoop on Cicero. He's acting insane and talking to someone when he's alone. Considering his insolence when he first arrived, Astrid is worried he's plotting against her and the Brotherhood. Apparently she hasn't heard about my sneaking abilities, because they're pretty much none existent. But no one ever said Warrog backs down from anything, and if they did, they'd get their head lopped of.

I found the Night Mother's coffin attended, so I did what I do best: pick locks. Once I was inside, I closed the coffin doors before Cicero came back. He rambled on for a while about being a good servant, and generally sounding crazy. I heard that if you think you're going crazy, you're not crazy because crazy people don't know they're crazy. Still, Cicero kept talking about hearing the Night Mother's will, or lack thereof. That is worrying; whatever he says, or tells people to do, is not really based on what the Night Mother is saying, but only what his twisted mind comes up with.

Just when I thought I was feeling better about my sanity, the Night Mother spoke to me. Really? These Daedra Lords, and now a Night Mother, whatever the fuck she is. In any event, she told me I'm the Listener, because I'm the only one who can hear her. Seems I'm the "listener" for a lot of other beings too. She told me to talk to a guy in Volonruud, and to deliver a message to Cicero. When I exited the coffin, Cicero flipped his shit. I thought he was going to attack me on the spot. Truthfully, I wish he did. Then I could have ended his annoying voice. I told him "Darkness rises as silence dies." He seemed to understand its meaning, but the Dark Brotherhood isn't known for its bluntness. All I can think of is that some power will rise when death comes.

Cicero made such a racket that Astrid came to investigate. I filled her in on the details, but she doesn't want me to go. She said I'm to follow her orders, and not the Night Mother's. I don't see what the big deal is about this corpse (she told me I warmed her old bones when I was inside the coffin, which is just gross). She's supposed to be exulted, but don't actually do anything she says. Cicero is crazy on his own, but Astrid is acting weird. She's pretty dead set (no pun intended) on being the leader of this Brotherhood, and is worried about anyone undermining that.

In the meantime while she thinks things over, I was to get some new contracts from the Red Guard guy. He had two for me, an Orc Bard (really, they're the Mimes of Skyrim), and a vampire. I'm really questioning my devotion to this job, especially when I have to kill another Orc, and a vampire, when I'm really trying hard to learn more about them and be accepting. I don't even need the money at this point. I have gotten some letters about strange new sources of power, yet again from an unknown friend. I also found a book detailing some Dwemer discovery, and I found a blue shard that coincides with it. The others may have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment