Monday, October 24, 2011

New Poems

I am finally getting around to posting some of the poems I have written lately. There are six all together. Hope you enjoy them.


Nymph

Her hair like the rich soil
Flowing as the river through the forest
Her day filled with toil
For flowers of a florist

Her hands are tired
Creating new life from a sprout
An artistry to be admired
To these she is devout

Her body curves
Like the rolling green hills
All she is I must preserve
For she gives me thrills
(I wrote another villanelle, yay!)
Heavenly Angel of Mine

Heavenly angel, please will you be mine?
Laughter as a siren, long to recur,
Your beauty I adore compels supine.

Leading me to her for I am incline
I come willingly by your tender spur
Heavenly angel, please will you be mine?

All that I seek is to make her affine
Happiness here will I find to occur
Your beauty I adore compels supine.

Content here when our bodies intertwine
To live this wonderful dream with just her
Heavenly angel, please will you be mine?

Her ambrosia I drink like rose wine
Drunk on her aroma of fragrant myrrh
Your beauty I adore compels supine.

Sing for me the ballad of the divine
Paint for me the stars that cannot confer
Heavenly angel, please will you be mine?
Your beauty I adore compels supine.


Blossom

When a flower sits in the cold,
It closes itself off to the wind;
It appears to be withered and dying.

When the flower is warm,
And allowed to be as it was meant to,
It opens up for the world.

Showing its color, its beauty, and its awe,
The flower shows life, and gives life,
It gives happy memories to others.

When a flower sits in the cold,
No one stops to marvel;
No one stops to smell.

When a flower is warm and open,
It receives the love it deserves;
It is as it is meant to be.


Canvas

There are no words
To express how I feel.
I wish you could see
These feelings I have.
All colors of the rainbow
Mesh and swim together.
Each touch and sensation
Stirs the canvas.
Like a swift river
My feelings never stay the same;
It grows and swells each passing minute.
To be bathed in love
And lifted up to soar across the sky.
These feelings I cannot convey
Through words or by any means.
These feelings are color.
These feelings are art.
These feelings are true.
If you could read my mind
You are my canvas.


Fates, Dreams, and Love

It seems unreal
You and me;
Never did I look for love,
But with you
Love is what I found.
Never did I imagine
I would hold you in my arms,
Or your lips would caress mine.
Never did I fathom
You would be all I ever need.
It seems like a dream,
For I have been tricked
So many times.
I wait to awake
And find reality set in;
Has fate played its cruel joke
Once again at my expense?
I long for the time
I will set my eyes upon your beauty.
Perhaps a gift from God
Has been given unto me,
For I deserve you not.
Even if this dream shall end,
I will cherish every moment,
And when that time may come,
I shall curse the fates
For taking away my only happiness.


Linked

Physicists believe
That two
Atoms can
Be linked
Together regardless
Of the
Distance in
The Universe.
I have
Found that
It has
Been proven
That two
Hearts and
Two minds
Can be
Linked by
True Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment