Friday, September 20, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 14

The adventures continue as Warrog tries to get as much done in a single trip while getting tired of being fucked with.

Day 49
It was evening by the time I arrived in Riverwood. I went to the Inn and asked for a room in the attic as the note told me to. The woman said there wasn't a room in the attic, but did give me a normal room. I tried to get a refund, but she walked away. When I went to my room, the woman followed me in and said we should talk.

I followed her into a different room where I closed the door for her, and she opened a secret passage through a wardrobe. They don't have an attic, but they apparently have a cellar.

The Innkeep told me she stole the horn because the Greybeards would send me there. I'm not sure when she decided to steal the horn because I waited around a month to finally go see them after I was summoned. If I left a note a month ago and never heard from the person, I'd almost consider giving up. Her cloak and dagger routine almost backfired on her if I never went to see the Greybeards. If anything, she should thank the Dark Brotherhood for sending me in that direction.

She said the dragons were dead, but now they're being brought back to life. She said a Dragonborn is able to truly kill a dragon by absorbing its soul. Her entire logic makes no sense. If the dragons were really dead before, a Dragonborn would have existed in her Blades organization. If they were dead, then them coming back to life now would make all of these dragons undead. Unless someone is giving them new dragon souls.

In any event, she somehow found out where the next one will appear. Maybe her tea leaves told her. She wants me to meet her at Kynesgrove. As usual, I told her yes, and walked the opposite direction. First she fucks with me and takes the horn, and then she wants me to go the exact opposite way because she somehow magically knows where dragons appear. She can rack up a huge bill at the Kynesgrove Inn for all I care.

I made it back to my home and began working on the lighting in the house. I made a few small chandeliers, and sconces with all of the goat horns I bought. I ran out of Iron Ingots, so I'll need to pick more up later.

Day 50
Since I was so close to the Dark Brotherhood, I stopped by to pick up my payment. As I arrived, some annoying pipsqueak was going on about the Night Mother. His voice was grating enough for me to want to bury my sword into his skull to watch it come out his arse. Astrid finally had a job for me. A woman in Markarth wants an ex-lover killed. What is up with people wanting me to go really far out of my way? It's not like the Dark Brotherhood is known for its timeliness as proven by that kid wanting the hag killed. I accepted the deal and found the guy to pay me for the kills. For three people, he paid me a total of 1,500 gold. That's right. My first job, I made 300 gold less than my entire career as a Thief. It also means I have almost 15,000 gold now.

I talked to the vampire girl while I was there to find out more about vampires. Although she looks ten, she is actually over 300 years old. All I could really find out about her is that she is very loyal to Astrid. Perhaps I can find a book on vampires that will tell me more about their nature.

I realized I was very close to one of the pieces for the Mythic Dawn dagger, so I walked the short ways over there. It was a broken down fort with Orc bandits and some hunters. I figured I was Blood-kin, but they wanted me dead. I sniped a couple, and the last two in the yard I took out with my Elven greatsword. Inside, I found two more orcs. One rushed me, and I had to take him out with my sword. The other stayed up above and rained arrows down on me. I shot him with an arrow and he dropped. I sneaked above and opened a door to find a large Orc in banded iron armor. His large axe swung as fast as a normal sword, but I managed to cut through his defense and into his skull. I found a ring in a chest that was enchanted to help my two-handed attacks more.

With the key I found on the Orc leader, I found a door leading to the vault.There were a few traps which I bypassed and grabbed the dagger shards. I then went back the way I came, taking all of the food I could find there. I had picked up a lot of Salt, so I was going to be cooking tonight.

I cooked up a lot of dishes when I arrived at my house, and dropped off a few things I wouldn't need. It was the middle of the night, so I grabbed a few hours of sleep before leaving.

Day 51
I stopped by Riverwood and sold a few items before leaving for High Hrothgar. I returned the horn, and they taught me the last word of Unrelenting Force. As my initiation, they shouted at me in Dovah. Considering I only know all of eight words, it sounded like gibberish to me. Whatever the test was, I passed. Now to go find a dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment