Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 16

More loot, more problems.

Day 54
I'll give the Forsworn one thing: they sure sprint into battle. Sadly for them, going up against Warrog means sprinting to your death. Those I couldn't snipe and rushed me met my Elven Greatsword. Inside a tower, I found more Forsworn to meet their death. When I exited the top of the tower, I came face to face with a Hagraven. And I thought the woman who ran the orphanage was ugly. What's worse is they use magic, so after a couple arrows, and a few chops with my axe, I killed it. I found another word in Dovah, this one for disarming my opponents. My philosophy is a weapon in an opponent's hand doesn't work if they're lying dead on the ground.

There was the last piece of the dagger on the Hagraven. Now that I was loaded up with loot, I stopped at Windhelm to drop it off. I found the Shatter-Shield woman walking around near the Hall of the Dead. When I told her Muiri had sent me, she didn't let me get another word out o her. ranting about Muiri and how she was dead to her. She stormed away straight into the Hall of the Dead. I'm not sure if she meant to go there, or if she was looking for a dramatic exit and that was the closest door. I followed her inside. When she told me she had nothing more to say to me, I had to concur as I sunk my axe into her back. She did not have much of value on her.

From there, I headed west to the Dwemer ruin which was fairly close to the one we went into with Karliah. There were a few bandits outside which I either sniped or killed with my greatsword. Inside were more bandits and outlaws who met their end. My other target had two bodyguards with him, but both dropped after a couple arrows. He seemed oblivious as I fired an arrow down at him and killed him. During my looting, I found another outlaw rummaging through some Dwemer chests. I quickly killed him and looked through the place. I found plenty of gold ingots, so I am set to finish making my Enchanter's Table.

The ruins continued further in, and I figured I would find an exit soon enough. Unfortunately, it continued much further than I anticipated. So far that I came across Falmer. When you're in a Dwemer ruin and you find Falmer, you know you've gone too far. It did give me lots of practice opening locked chests. I picked up lots of loot and fought a Dwemer Centurion. Most of my food was eaten, a lot of my potions had been used, and I was overburdened with loot. I need to find a way to increase my ability to carry more weight somehow.

Day 55
It was a slow walk back to Windhelm where I came across a Snow Bear. He tasted my axe, and my axe tasted his soul. I also came across a couple bandits outside a cave. No clue why they were there, but I looted the bodies and continued on. It was early morning when I arrived. I seem to have lost my horse. I figured he would have been at High Hrothgar where I last left him, but he's nowhere to be seen. I may need to buy another horse in the future. At least I wouldn't need to walk so slowly with all of this weight.

I smelted some ingots, made some jewelery, disenchanted a bow I found to learn the soul drinking enchantment. The homeless woman kept me company as she warmed her hands by the forge. Talking to her, she offered to teach me how to pick-pocket better. Seeing as I had around 19,000 gold, and she needed money, I paid her for her services. After a few lessons, I made some potions and sold what I didn't need. By then the merchants were arriving at their stalls. I sold what I could. All that's left now is to head to the northwest and deliver these dagger pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment