Friday, September 27, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 19

Questions of Warrog's sanity as all kinds of other worldly beings converse with him.

Day 59
I had only planned on dropping a few things off at my house, but I got into the building mood. I finally finished the enchanter's table, built some weapon plaques, and organized the house a bit. I got about five hours of sleep in my warm bed before leaving.

Day 60
It's been two months since my new life began. It feels like a lot longer. If you had asked me two months ago if I thought I would have a large house with 30,000 gold, and be known as the Dragonborn, I would have thought you crazy. Though if anyone reads this, they might think me mad for all of the voices I hear. I think for now I'll keep my sanity from anyone else.

When I left my house, I found some bandits trying to sneak inside. I'm thinking I need some sort of security around here. I killed them and looted what little they had on them.

For once, I arrived at Riverwood and no dragons were attacking and killing people. I sold the rest of the little things I had left over plus the bandits' gear before traveling all the way back north, through Morthal, and up a mountainside to find this shrine.

Day 61
The shrine wasn't much, just an Altar on top of a mountain. The Mythic Dawn guy was nonplussed about how late I arrived. He was ready to begin to his "ritual" which involved him pleading to Meruhns Dagon to reforge the dagger. After ten seconds of this, he gave up, and said I should try. I may have a history of conversations with Daedra Lords in my head, but this guy is still an idiot... or lazy. Sure enough, Meruhns Dagon spoke to me, saying he was tired of his lacky, and I was to be his champion, but first I had to kill his former lacky. I swear this has happened before. What is up with Daedra Lord's wanting their followers killed all the time. You'd think these people would read the fine print and not follow these guys in the first place.

I was going to let the guy live until Meruhns Dagon threatened to kill me if I didn't. If there's anything I know, the world would be better off with one less idiot than one less strong Orc who pleasures the beautiful ladies. He wouldn't go down without a fight, however. He managed to dodge out of the way as I swung my sword, and I fell off the ledge. As I saw the ground coming to meet me, I thought this was how I would die, trying to kill an idiot over a dagger. I don't even use daggers! Thankfully the ledge was not as far down as I thought and I landed safely. I had walk back around to find the guy.

He sent a wolf familiar at me, which I cut down as I ran past it, and finally driving my sword across his chest. He did not have much of value on him, but I looted what I could.

I told Meruhns Dagon I had done as he asked. He reforged the weapon, and as my reward, he sent some Daedra after me. I feel kind of bad for how I treated Merida. Yeah, sure she bossed me around about spreading her religion, but at least she didn't try to have my killed after giving me her sword. This guy is just a dick. I had to drink some potions, but I managed to kill these Daedra. I really wanted the suits of armor they were wearing, but I couldn't pry it off them. I did find a key to the inner shrine.

I opened the door and found a couple more Daedra. One I sniped, and the other I chopped his head off. The room was full of all kinds of goodies including Ebony ingots, gold ingots, some magical gear, and some alchemy ingredients. I was carrying slightly more than I could handle, so I drank a strength potion and headed over to Markarth to report back to Muiri. It seems like ages since I took the job from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment