Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 9

Tales of Warrog continues where Warrog adds to the list of creatures he hates: giants.

Day 33
While I've been traveling all around Skyrim, the wolf population has been flourishing. I killed three on my relatively short walk back to Windhelm. It was a few hours before everyone was awake, so I got to work on some smithing, making ingots, making my Nocturnal Bow better, and creating potions from all of the ingredients I found among the Falmer. I sold everything I could, except for a Staff of Fear. No one seems to have 900 gold lying about. The blacksmith does, but I guess he doesn't work with wood. I decided to keep Mercer's sword as well as a shield I found. I think it's about time I start learning some enchantments.

Day 34
Since I found some iron ingots and made a few from an iron ore seam I found on my walk back, I decided to work on my home for a bit. The others in the Thieves Guild aren't in a hurry to help me, so I'm in no hurry to get back.

That giant is still at my home. He keeps stomping the ground every time I go in or come out of my house. I screw up though. I thought it would only require one iron ingot for my smelter, when it would take five, and I only had five to start. With having to make an Iron Fitting, I wasn't able to finish the Smelter. Instead I made a grinder, workbench, and a forge in my cellar. I can do almost as much as any blacksmith in Skyrim. Upstairs, I make a table and chairs for my dining hall.

As I left to leave my building materials in my chest, the Giant had strayed too close to my front door. I think he might be a fan as as soon as I walked out, he was around the corner and hit me. Note to Warrog: don't let everyone know about your patented wait-around-the-corner-and-hit-stuff-till-it-dies technique.

I think my only option is to drop what I can inside, and make a run for it. If anything, it'll lure him away from the house far enough that he won't be back when I return.

It took me so long to drop off my materials that the giant had moved away to the side of the house again. I was able to travel on to Whiterun.

Day 35
It was a productive day. I talked to the court wizard, and while he may be an idiot when it comes to Spriggan Sap, he does know about disenchanting items. I was able to learn the enchantments from Chillrend and Nightingale Blade. My hopes are to enchant a two-handed weapon to absorb health and stamina, while dealing frost damage and paralyzing. I bought a new weapon in the meantime since I had around 9,000 gold from all of the loot I've been selling lately. I feel compelled to buy things from merchants to get rid of it, but then I want to sell things to get the money back. I also bought a couple books on how to make dremora and dragon rune weapons. My library of smithing books is growing quite large.

To get back the money I spent on my Soul Drinking Dwarven Axe and my two books, I bought iron ingots, made a few Iron Swords (seventeen), enchanted eight of them with the Nightingale enchantment, and sold some back to the Blacksmith. The amount of weight was too much for me, and I had to sell some of the extra Iron Swords that I was hoping to keep for later enchantments. Since none of the blacksmiths in town sell good body armor, I had to buy the materials myself and craft some Orc Armor. Walking around in Steel armor for so long, it finally feels like I'm an Orc with this armor.

I stopped by Amren's house, and I guess it was the one who left me his inheritance. Let that be a lesson: Don't be a bitch of a wife, or else you won't get 90 gold.

I stopped in Riverwood on my way back home to buy some iron ingots, and sell another enchanted sword. I ended up buying an Elven helmet that was enchanted to help my archery damage. It was pretty much a trade for the last three swords for the helmet.

Day 36
The giant is still at my house. I barely made it outside to build another addition onto the house, this time a bedroom suite. I needed two straw to complete my bed. I was hoping the general merchant in Riverwood would have it, and with my new side door that leads out to a terrace of sorts, I was able to leave safely. That is, until I decided to experiment. There are two stairs that lead to the terrace, and they're narrow. I wanted to see if the giant could run up them. So I shot an arrow at his back. Long story short: he was angry, and he could run up the stairs.

I jumped off the railing and ran for Riverwood. I was nearly there when I turned around and shot another arrow at the giant. The frost damage from the bow was enough to slow him down to a walk. I probably could have outran him, but I didn't want to risk it without help from the guards in town. In my defense, the giant was fairly wounded by the time we showed up. As soon as I was in the middle of the town, a Blood Dragon showed up and began breathing fire.

I tried to put as much distance between myself and the giant, and once we were on the other side of the town, the dragon was nice enough to breathe a gout of fire and kill the giant. With a town full of guards, I figured we had this dragon in the bag. Until I got struck from behind by a hired thug. I pulled out my new axe and tested it out. After fighting Falmer, highly experienced thieves, giants and dragons, these hired thugs only took two hits from my axe before crumpling to the ground. As soon as I would try to shoot the dragon, another hired thug would show up. In all, there were three. One had an Akavari sword. It looked nice with it's thin curved blade. Hopefully I can find a bigger one in the future, or find a way to make my own.

As I ran to safety to heal myself with magic, I watched as the last of guards fell to the dragon. I thought I was safe at the door to the merchant's shop until the dragon landed right in the middle of town. I made a run for it, healing as I ran and feeling the fire engulf me. I rounded the blacksmith's shop and jumped into the river to cool my armor. The dragon was no longer moving, and once I was fully healed, I moved around to get a clear shot. Four to five arrows was all it took to finish him off. I absorbed his soul, looted the guards, thugs, giant, and dragon. The hired thugs had a contract out on me from someone named Erdi. I'll have to look into that later. With so many out to get me, perhaps this is what the Thieves Guild were talking about bad luck. I've only had the Skeleton key for two days. Maybe I can get Malacath on my side.

 I waited around for stores to open up so I could sell some of the armor. I turned the bear, tiger, and wolf pelts I found on the giant into leather and some leather strips. Now that my load is light enough, I can head back home where I'll be giant free.

No comments:

Post a Comment