Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 17

When you find a town infested with Daedra influences, you just gotta help.

Day 57
It was evening when I arrived at Dawnstar. The snow was falling as I looked through the town for merchants who could buy my loot. I found the blacksmith standing around with a woman. They were talking about people not having a good night's sleep. After I sold some armor, I asked about the bad night's sleep, figuring some dragon had been terrorizing the town; that seems to be fairly commonplace as of late.

Apparently, everyone is having the same nightmare every night. The blacksmith said there was a priest of Mara in the Inn who could hopefully release the curse they were under. Maybe he could pray to Malacath if he wants a curse lifted. All Mara does is bring two people together to be miserable in each other's presence.

Before the museum guy closed his shop, I wanted to deliver these dagger pieces. He was surprised that I had them all at once. He paid me 2,400 gold for the whole job. Note to Thieves Guild: learn a thing a two from this guy.

The job wasn't done yet. He believes it was divine destiny that we both met, and I got him the dagger pieces. There's not much divine about him sending an invitation to every single person in Skyrim. Nevertheless, he thinks he knows a way to reforge the dagger at a shrine to Dagon. He wants me to meet him there. Since he paid so well, maybe I'll get paid even more for watching do his song and dance.

He was so excited, he immediately ran out the door, leaving me in the awkward position of standing in his house/museum. I walked over to the Inn to ask his priest if he could help out the people in the town. If anything, a strong persuasion of my fist would get him to help.

Priests of Mara are easy to pick out of a crowd with their robes. When I told him about the nightmares, he was already aware of it. I asked why he hasn't helped them, and he said the nightmares were actually caused by a Daedric Lord who steals memories and leaves nightmates behind. What is up with this town being pushed and pulled by Daedra Lords? First Dagon, and now this Daedra chick. I was going to go meet that Mythic Dawn guy at Dagon's Shrine, but now I really wanna stick it hard to this other Daedra.

The priest says the tower on a cliff above the town is where the nightmares are coming from. The tower is infested with Orcs who invaded the place that was occupied by some priests. We snuck inside and through a secret door to find some Orcs asleep. When they woke up, I saw their eyes were red. After we had killed them, I asked for more answers. Apparently, this guy used to be one of the priests in here, and the Orcs are under control of the skull that is causing all of the problems. I was seriously confused now, but I simply nodded.

With a barrier blocking our way, we'd need to look for answers in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment