Thursday, September 26, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 18

When a hot woman's voice in your head tells you to kill people, it's okay to listen.

Day 57
The Library, as it was, wasn't much to look at. I have more readable books in my house than what's left. Apparently if you leave a bunch of books to people under some sort of spell, they get burned or ruined. We found some priests inside who were fighting the Orcs, but they didn't much like us there either. I saved what books I could from the Library, letting the priest of Mara have a look at them. One of them had the information on how to get past the barrier. It involved some sort of potion.

We sneaked into the East Wing, past more of the Awakened as he calls them. The Laboratory had lots of Alchemy ingredients that I snagged up. I found the potion as well, which he told me to drink. The further we go through this, the more I'm hoping it pays very well.

Day 58
When someone tells you to drink a weird potion, don't do it... unless they're paying you a very large sum of gold up front. I had this weird vision of being in someone else's body as Orcs were attacking. I think it was from the past. It was up to me to release the gas. I say 'me' but I was just along for the ride. The guy released the gas, and when I came out of the vision, I was on the other side of the barrier. There was a soul gem powering it, so I removed it. The priest said I vanished when I drank the potion and appeared over here.

My vision allowed me to see the path to take down to the skull, so we continued on. More priests and orcs were sniped. One Orc took three arrows and kept coming, so I pulled out my greatsword and lobbed his head off.

We made it to the room with the skull, but inside were two priests who seemed unaffected. One of them was the guy who ordered the gas be turned on. He called the Priest of Mara by a different name, the name of the guy who turned the gas on. Apparently he was supposed to stay inside, but he escaped and left the others to fight forever... or something. Before I could get a word in edgewise, they attacked us, so I had to kill them.

The "skull" was actually a staff. Now it makes a little bit more sense. It was behind a barrier that the priest removed. He was about to perform some sort of ritual to destroy the staff when a voice told me he was going to kill me when he was finished with the ritual. Considering his cowardly past, I didn't doubt the Daedra Lord; besides, her voice sounded hot.

I thought one arrow would do the job, but he is tougher than he looks. He backed me into a corner before I could pull my greatsword out, apply some poison and strike him down. With all of the loot I found, plus the staff, I was going to have a slow walk back through this temple to Dawnstar.

I sold what I could at Dawnstar, but there was too much that needed to be dropped off at my house. Hopefully that Mythic Dawn guy doesn't freeze waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment