Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 12

Killing for money, and outrunning all that Skyrim has to offer: Tales of Warrog.

Day 44
It was only eight in the evening, but if I wanted to be in Riverwood by the time the shops opened, I had to go to sleep early. I think you age prematurely being an adventurer. It's been six weeks and already I'm going to bed early. I knew I would be buying some expensive items, so I grabbed the items out of my safe to be sold.

I got some iron ore, a few straw for the future, and I bought a filled grand soul gem. I was able to sell a magical bow I had lying about, and the necromancer's amulet I got from Windhelm. The blacksmith had the refined moonstone I was looking for, but no gold ingot. No one even had any gold ore for me to use.

With the day still being young, I walked north to Whiterun and checked with the blacksmith there. She didn't have any gold ingots either. Plenty of silver, but no gold. Maybe I can find a gold ore seam someplace.

Frustrated with not finding what I want, I decided to take it out on someone. I headed west of Windhelm to where I found an encampment by the river. One of my marks was there, and a fiery arrow took care of that. I looted his body and headed over to Windhelm for a carriage ride to Dawnstar.

Day 45
It was morning when I arrived in Dawnstar. I decided to stop at the museum in case things went wrong with my next mark. The guy who runs the place is all about some cult called the Mythic Dawn who worship a Daedric lord. He has a scabbard, but no dagger to go with it. It's broken into three pieces, and he needs me to find it. I think I can get them eventually. For now, I have other business.

I found the woman walking outside, I approached her and told her she had a hit out on her. She apparently wasn't going out without a fight. I sunk my axe into her, and she fell to the ground. After a quick looting, I traveled back to Windhelm to get a horse. All of this walking is too slow for my liking. Also, my next mark is on the way to see the old guys, and I don't feel like walking all the way up a mountain. The guy had a nice chestnut horse for me which I bought for 1,000 gold. Now to ride to my last kill, and talk to these old guys, because if you're going to kill people for money, you might as well save a trip.

Good thing I bought this horse; I was able to outrun most of the enemies who attacked me including, but not limited to: a dragon, 2 wolves, a saber cat, a cave bear, a frost bear, an ice wraith, and an ice troll.

I got to the small village at the base of the mountain. I tried telling him I was here to kill him, but instead of attacking me, he ran. Somehow he made it to a rock in the middle of a rapid river. With no way of getting to him, I poisoned an arrow and shot him dead. He did some cartwheels through the air as he went over the rapids. I laughed at that.

When I got back to my horse, I found two dead wolves nearby. Either they caught up, or other wolves attack and he beat them into the ground. I road up the mountain and finally made it to High Hrothgar.

No comments:

Post a Comment