Monday, September 16, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 10

Free to do as he wishes, Warrog builds more, kills more, and loots more.

Day 37
Before leaving Riverwood, I bought a couple straw from the Riverwood Trader, and returned home to build my large bed. After that it was a back and forth travel between my home and either Riverwood or Whitehelm. I've had to buy Iron Ingots, Steel Ingots, and Corundum Ingots. I started with my cellar, finishing off my blacksmith area with a tanning rack and a smelter. I built a few chests to hold my smithing and leathercraft materials. It was a bit dark down there with only my forge for light, so I added a few sconces with the goat horns I picked up during my travels. I added a couple barrels and an armor mannequin along with a large, weapon rack. On the top floor, I built a bookcase for all of the smithing books I have, and I found a space for another armor mannequin.

The one downstairs I put what pieces of the Nightingale armor I don't use on it. The one upstairs I put the couple pieces of Thieves armor on that. In my bedroom, I built a large chest, a safe, and a normal sized chest. In the safe, I placed all of the items that I've gotten so far that merchants do not have the money for.

The rest of my time was spent moving items around the house and organizing everything. I even added a lot of furniture to the balcony on top of the bedroom.

Day 38
I took the Falmer Eyes to Delvin since he might like them. He said one of them was worth more than what a thief makes in a lifetime. Considering they were worth 2,500 gold each, that makes a lot of sense why I was never being paid much for being in the Thieves Guild. The 600 gold I made was on par with most thieves around here. He gave me 1,200 gold for one of the eyes, but wouldn't buy the second one. I guess 1,200 gold is all the money he's made as a thief and couldn't afford the second one. Being a thief has got to be one of the worst jobs around here. Still, I got the Skeleton Key out of the whole thing.

Day 39
With everything sorted, I made a stop at Solitude to sell a few weapons I was holding onto. From there I walked west to find a shrine to Merida who again spoke to me. I think she might be one of those Daedra. Nearby, I located a new word, which is I guess in Dovah, the dragon language. Makes sense, since they all think I'm the dragonborn.

Merida asked me to place the beacon onto the pedestal. Once it was placed, I was levitated to a bird's eye view of Skyrim. Some necromancer had defiled her temple, and she needed me to go kill him. Apparently, there's something at the end she's willing to give me for the whole deal. I was hoping to just return the beacon to lighten the load, but I'm all for killing and looting.

She sent her light into the temple to help guide me to where this necromancer was located. The only problem is that none of her pedestals were calibrated correctly, so I had to move them. Inside were lots of bodies that looked like high ranking Imperial Guards. None of their armor was any good, but they all had plenty of gold on them. I also found some new type of undead, Shades. A couple swings of my axe, and they died just like any other undead, or however that works. I filled numerous soul gems, though sadly, their souls which should have been contained within a common soul gem began filling greater soul gems. There was no helping it as it was the only axe I had. I'll have to find a way to carry two large weapons in the future to prevent this. One a balcony outside, I found a locked chest with a new Dwemer Bow that inflicts fire damage. I'll have to use this instead of my Nocturnal Bow.

When I found the necromancer, he had a handful of Shades guarding him. I think I'm getting a bit rusty with all of this house building work as I forgot about my patented wait-around-the-corner-and-lob-heads-off technique. They were able to all attack at once, and my blocking could only do so much. Still, I prevailed, and the necromancer began shooting magical ice shards at me. I ran for the corner to the side of the door, and he waited while I waited. The ice had depleted my energy, and I think all of those spells had wasted his magicka. I poisoned my blade, and waited for him to make his move. I brought the axe down on him hard, but he must have had a protection spell up as it took me two or three more hits before he died. He tried shooting me with frost, and ice waves, and when I thought it was all over, a Shade came from his body. Lightning was coming from his fingers, and for  a moment, I considered drinking a potion to protect me, but instead I swung my axe twice and the Shade died.

I looted all of the bodies, and found the room filled with more desecrated bodies with lots of gold on them. Merida's voice came to me and told me to take the sword from the pedestal. When I grabbed the sword, Dawnbreaker, I found myself again high in the air above the temple. She wanted me to spread her religion for the price of the sword. We had already agreed that removing the necromancer was the price for the sword, and even though I don't use one-handed swords, it's the principle of the thing. In hindsight, telling a Daedra Lady to stick her religion up where the sun don't shine when you're so high above the ground was a bit rash. My gods are Dibella and Malacath. I think she liked my spunk because she let me go with the sword in my possession.

I had been contemplating settling down, building the home of my dreams. I had nearly 14,000 gold, a blacksmith area, and plan on building an Alchemy tower with an enchanting table. But being in the house all of the time gets a bit lonely, and once I got out into the wilderness, I remembered how much I missed the fresh air. By the end of my quest and getting pushed around by Daedra women, I'm still on the fence.

Day 40
It was a long journey back to Whiterun where I picked up some more Iron and Corundum Ingots, and sold a lot of the loot I had. I also stopped by Dragonsreach and learned the properties from Dawnbreaker. A shame, because it was a beautiful sword.

It's coming to the point where these merchants no longer have the money to buy all of the loot from me. So I had to make a quick stop at Riverwood to sell the last of my loot. I was going to buy some glass for some future projects, but I forgot how much I needed. I think the only thing left to do is return home and continue my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment