Tuesday, September 3, 2013

YouTube Review: Geek & Sundry Vlogs

From the creators who brought you Table Top, comes a new channel for vloggers, Geek & Sundry Vlogs looking to share their passions and interests with you. There is a wide variety of shows that may be of interest to you. Here I will list my favorites and what they have to offer (In in particular order)

Kiriosity with Kiri Callaghan
   Kiri is random, but interesting touching on a range of topics that typically ties into fantasy, sci-fi, and history (all of which I love).

Retro Gaming with Scott Tumilty
   I was a big gamer back in the day, but sadly I no longer have a rig that can handle the newer games. This show is one big nostalgia trip into games I grew up playing and loving.

 Greek Mythology with Dael Kingsmill
    What makes this show unique is the artwork that goes along with Dael's "history" lesson about Greek Mythology. Fans of Percy Jackson should definitely check this one out for more.

Voice Acting with Akeem
   A common thread among most of these vloggers is history, and not ancient history stuff, but history as it relates to the topic at hand. If you enjoy voice actors who can switch from character to character, then this show is for you.

Songs of Adventure
   Games have come a long way from beeps and boops to full orchestras performing work composed for video games. Songs of Adventure looks at the composition, history, and context of how music is created for video games. They perform their own rendition of the song of topic, and provide a humorous gag reel.

Comics with Amy Dallen
   I first saw Amy Dallen on the Table Top episode of Ticket to Ride.When I saw she had a vlog on Geek & Sundry, and she loved comics, and her favorite was X-men, I had to tune in. Pleasant surprise note: she has an amazing singing voice. With the surge of comic book movies, her show is great for anyone looking to see where it all came from.

Word Play with Nika Harper
   Being a writer myself, watching Nika Harper's show, Word Play, is a no-brainer. There is a whole range of writing styles and lengths that there should be something for every aspiring writer.

Cosplay with Sachi
   I will admit, I did not start watching Sachi immediately until I saw her on one of the vlogger hangout videos. Her cosplay creations are excellent and worth checking out just for that. The rest is interesting to see how crazy of a schedule a cosplayer has at conventions.

Makeup and Special Effects with Katie Satow
   An honorable mention has to go to Katie Satow. Although I do not actually watch her show, I would highly recommend it for anyone interested in makeup and special effects. Although I am not interested in her content, Katie as a person is one of the most awesome, educated, and coolest person on Geek & Sundry Vlogs channel. At the very least, check out vlogger hangouts she has been in and any interviews with her.

These are the shows I enjoy watching, but check out all of the other vloggers because they may have something you like as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment