Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 13

Wild goose chases, conflicting feelings, and learning more new shouts and Dovah words.

Day 46
It was cold and drafting inside High Hrothgar. I talked to one of the old guys and he told me to shout at him. I shouted the word for Frost, but he told he wanted to hear Force. There was no grass around, but I shouted it anyway. He said I was the Dragonborn, but that I would need training. He wanted to teach me more of Unrelenting Force with the word Balance. Apparently, the souls of dragons that I absorbed allow me to use their knowledge to further learn the power of the dragon language. I had to do a few tests for him. Thank, Malacath, I had the Amulet of Talos to allow me to shout more often.

My next step of my training involved going outside. There I learned Whirlwind, and I sprinted across the yard. I had to sit through a boring lecture about how to learn entirely new shouts, but I guess in his old age, he forgot that I shouted Frost at him ten minutes ago. The final step in my training, I'm told, is to obtain a horn. No idea how that helps, but maybe it's one of those spiritual missions.

Looking at my map, the ruin is northeast of Morthal.

Day 47
I found the guy who owned the hilt of the dagger. I asked him to give it up since he wasn't using it. I tried to intimidate him, but he wanted to brawl. Everyone gathered around to watch the spectacle, but I eventually bested him. He gave me a couple keys to his house and to the chest it was locked in.

I passed by a woman, Alva, in a skimpy dress who began flirting with me. I asked if she was impressed with my fighting abilities, and she wanted to see more of what I had to offer. So in the middle of Morthal, I turned her around, lifted one leg up and took her from behind. The guard nearby watched, as well as one of the chickens roaming around. I was so hot from all that fighting, doing it in the snow was refreshing.

Feeling lively, I continued on my way, stopping at the man's house to grab the hilt, and then it was on to the ruin. Outside, I found a couple bandits and a necromancer. The necromancer made things difficult with her frost spells, but I eventually killed them all. After looting the bodies, I went inside. I found more dead bandits, and I overheard a conversation about thralls not doing their job very well. I sniped the two necromancers, and looted the bodies. More bodies of bandits were lying about. I'm not sure if they're working together, or if they're being controlled by magic.

Deeper in, I found more necromancers fighting Draugr. I let them have it out, and cleaned up the rest. Again with these mages giving me trouble. I had to use all of my food and some of my potions. The rest of the crypt was a lot easier, sniping as I went. I found a new word that will allow me to become ethereal. It was at this time that I remembered all of the building materials I still had on me. Unwilling to drop anything, I went through all of my alchemy supplies and ate ingredients I did not know what they did. The Giant's Toe went down rough, but I managed to lighten the load enough to continue on. I found plenty of skeletons who can barely take an arrow before crumpling to the ground.

I made it to where the horn was located. I say "was" because the horn was not there, only a note telling me to meet the person in Riverwood (right in my backyard). I continued out and found an Elven Greatsword enchanted to deal ice damage. It's not as deadly as my Dwarven Axe, but I can use it on enemies that I don't have a soul gem for. Being overburdened again, I had a slow walk back to Morthal.

It was still nighttime when I returned. I saw a battle going on, and fearing a vampire attack, I fired an arrow at one of the ones approaching me. When I got a better look at them, they were wearing some strange cultist clothes. What is up with me and cultists lately? First the Mythic Dawn, and now this. Searching the other bodies, I found a couple Death Hounds, a male townsperson, and Alva. It was so sad to see her go. Note to Warrog: always sleep with a beautiful woman, because she might end up dead later that night.

When I looted her body, I found she was actually a vampire. I'm not sure how to feel about this. She was a great lay, but I'm not sure if I want to spread the word that Warrog sleeps around with Vampires. There's nothing wrong with being a vampire. That one girl in the Dark Brotherhood is one. They can't be all bad. I think they must be like everyone else, some good, some bad.

Since I had some time to kill, I looked in the Jarl's longhouse to find an alchemy table, but there wasn't one. The throne was empty, so I sat in it until morning time. Two down, a few more to go.

The only shop in town was an alchemy shop. I used their alchemy table to mix some potions, and sold all of the potions I wouldn't use. I drank a potion of strength, and that was enough for me to get to Solitude to sell off the rest of my loot.

Day 48
I dropped a couple thousand gold on a new necklace that was enchanted to help with my ability to swing a two-handed weapon. The loot I had was not enough to offset how much I spent. I am down to 12,000 gold. I think I will stop by Riverwood before going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment