Monday, September 23, 2013

Tales of Warrog: Chapter 15

Vampires, Bears, and Dragons, oh my!

Day 52
I arrived at Kynesgrove to hear the screams of a woman. She had seen the dragon flying about, and was going to look for someplace to hide, but stood there in fear. Dead soldiers littered the ground which were promptly looted. At the burial ground was Delphine and a large black dragon who spoke a bunch of Dovah, a dragon skeleton came out of the ground, and it regained its soul. The black dragon flew off leaving the newborn to finish us off. I hid behind a large boulder and sniped at the dragon with poisoned flame arrows. Once the dragon was dead, I absorbed its soul, and Delphine was finally convinced I was the Dragonborn. Nevermind the summons by the old guys, or stealing my horn.

I asked her if she knew what this all meant, and she admitted she had no clue about anything. My jaw about hit the ground. She must be some sort of idiot savant who can tell where dragons will appear but have no information beyond that. To put icing on the cake, she thinks the Thalmor are responsible. She says that dragons coming back will weaken not only Skyrim, but the Empire as well. Except the Thalmor control the Empire, so really, them bringing back dragons weakens the Thalmor too. This lady is as stupid as Lydia looks. To finalize her plans, she told me to meet her back in Riverwood. I need to drop off these dragon parts at my house, so I might as well.

Day 53
I arrived in Riverwood to find no guards still and a Blood Dragon flying overhead. I took shelter under the balcony of the Riverwood Trader, and peeked out to fire some arrows each time the dragon landed on the Inn. During the battle, a courier braved the dragon to deliver me a message (these guys are seriously devoted to their jobs). It was a letter of inheritance. Another one? This one came from Faedril or something. I'm so bad with names. Eventually it touched down behind the blacksmith's house where I fired a few more arrows, and it died. I had not expected to fight another dragon and the parts from this one were too much for me to carry. I found Faedril's body in the road. I looted the body, adding to the 180 gold he left me. How the courier knew he was dead and delivered the note so quickly is a bit weird. Perhaps the Will they signed was magical to deliver and teleport letters and money to couriers upon death. Then they should just teleport it straight to me.

That wasn't the weird part though. Camilla was about to jump me right in front of her brother. The Wood Elf's body was still warm, and she was moving on to better and bigger things.

Delphine had time to think about her plan on the way back as she had everything ready to go. Since I don't have any other good theories, I decided to go along with her plan. It involves going to a fancy party. She says I shouldn't fight my way through, but she obviously knows very little about Warrog. For one thing, I don't sneak. And secondly, it's much easier to loot a body once your blade has been driven through its heart. Thirdly, Solitude is completely out of the way. I told her I would meet with her contact at the pub, drank a potion of strength, and left for my house.

I dropped off the dragon bones and scales, and began work on my house. I managed to build all of the light fixtures except for three small chandeliers. I'll need to buy more materials later. Maybe I can get something good on my next Dark Brotherhood job. Looking at my map, the last piece of the dagger was just west of Markarth.

Day 54
These vampires are attacking almost as often as dragons. Markarth seems to have better security and better armed civilians as no one but the vampire and his two thralls died. I doubt I would have had to the opportunity to question them about vampire nature, but I did find out that the thralls were not vampires. This means that vampires keep human company. Interesting.

I found my contact, Muiri walking about, and she explained to me that the man who was to die is her ex-lover. She is also willing to pay me extra, under the table as it were, for killing a woman in Windhelm. I was told to represent the Brotherhood well, so I couldn't turn her down. The guy leads some bandits holded up in a Dwemer ruin west of Windhelm. He was planning on getting close to the Shatter-shields after their daughter was killed so he could rob them. I swore to Malacath I would kill this man. The woman apparently had to die because they wouldn't believe Muiri was a good person. Seems most of the women in Skyrim are crazy or mentally challenged.

I left Markarth and saw some Khajiit outside of town. I talked a little bit about marriage to them before browsing their wares. I followed the road north, then east, then south, and then west to go around a mountain. Some crazy people in furs attacked me. I guess these are the Forsworn everyone's been talking about. I quickly killed them, looted the bodies, and found some Imperial soldiers dead as well. I had barely made it out of town, and I was already full. I shouted and sprinted back to the Khajiit, and sold what I had picked up.

I only encountered a tiger on my way. That is until I was sneaking up on a Forsworn camp when an Imperial Solider sprinted past me. I thought it was odd. Then I heard the roar of a bear that came chasing after him. I guess to bears, Orcs and Humans all look alike as he went after me. I sunk my axe into him and absorbed his soul. Now for the Forwsworn to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment